Hi bloggers,
Some reflections on 4 steps of Technology integration readings...
The 4 steps: 1. Inventory, 2. Set Curriculum goals, 3. Set Teaching Strategies, and 4. Matrix! I like the idea of a matrix to match up the available technology with the goals and available teaching strategies. It seems that it can also lead to expansion later as more technology or teaching methods are added or as curriculum goals change. The matrix provides (literally) a "framework" to springboard into a plan of action for integration of technology standards for teachers in a certain area. Frameworks are good--skeletons onto which we place flesh and form.
I also liked the mention of how the pedagogical aspects of the teaching can be incorporated as an additional part of the matrix. The student's learning styles can then be matched up with the available strategies and technologies that the teacher has in order to maximize the opportunity for student learning.--Way to go!
The matrix as an evaluation tool also sounds very intriguing. I think that a scale of sorts might be included in a matrix for evaluation of future needs in terms of curriculum, technologies to add, and where $$ can be best spent to maximize impact with the most students. It also allows the technology to be evaluated in its effectiveness as it can be used in various areas of the matrix--the technology is then a PART of the overall plan for learning and not viewed as a panacea. It is a vehicle for learning with the student and teacher as pilot and co-pilot, it is not on "auto-pilot". (you like my metaphor/allegory here?)
For my area (science), I can see places where a matrix framework and this exercise would definitely help to evaluate present and future needs in integration of standards. I enjoyed this.
Tim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment